321 Gum St. | Click here for map
Want to do something meaningful in the Longview community? The City of Longview Volunteer Center is just the connection to explore interesting opportunities! You may volunteer inside a City department, participate in annual events, special projects, work independently or you may even create your own unique volunteer project. Achieving more by volunteering together is a way to maximize your efforts. The Volunteer Center can help you decide what level of volunteering is right for you. There is no wrong choice and whatever you decide on just know that you are appreciated and your volunteer time is too!
Level I Volunteers: These interests can include assisting with cleanups, adopting a park, street, median, or flag pole. Unique projects may include things such as special plants for a touch of seasonal color. Level I volunteering does not usually require a background check.
Level II Volunteers: These interests can include assisting inside an office, Longview Public Library, Green Street Recreation Center, Citizens On Patrol, Citizens Emergency Response Team, Partners In Prevention and many more choices. Background checks are required for Level II volunteering.
Background checks may be required for any volunteer opportunity.
How to Volunteer: Follow the links in the left hand column Volunteer Opportunities for descriptions of more than twenty-two interests that cover all levels of volunteering with the City of Longview and also see Volunteer Programs and Projects for an extensive list of many types of activities.
The volunteer process includes:
1. Print and complete the Volunteer Application or contact the Volunteer Center for information or application 903-237-1390 or email to the email@example.com
2. Contact the Volunteer Coordinator for an interview.
3. Screening Interview is conducted by the Volunteer Coordinator.
4. Background checks may be conducted.
5. May be sent to a City Department for Assignment Interview.
6. Interview by Department Volunteer Supervisor.
7. Point for Department and Volunteer to accept or deny the assignment.
8. In-person interviews are mandatory for Level II Volunteers and may be required for Level I Volunteers if necessary depending on duties.
Please Note: The City of Longview may change, end, or terminate a volunteer assignment at any time. Volunteers will have a trial and assessment period.
Volunteer Needed in Housing Department - If you are interested in making a difference and helping people please call.
For more information call: 903-237-1390 | Contact Us
All City Council Meetings, Living in Longview Segments, Planning and Zoning Meetings, Partners in Prevention Shows and Boards and Commission Meetings are here!